SPECIAL NOTICE TO VISITORS
1. Only genuine pilgrims are given rooms at Bandel Shrine. The rule First come, first served. Advance reservations are not entertained.
2. Non-Pilgrims, single or two persons, in no case are granted the use of rooms, unless they produce a letter from their Parish clearly specifying family status and the purpose ol pilgrimage. Stay for any other reason is not allowed.
During Triduums and Novenas or for very special reasons more than one night stay may be allowed. Pilgrims’ rooms are not suitable for Retreats.
The rooms are furnished with: bed-stead and mattress, fan and electric light, drinking water tap. table, chairs, (no bedding).
Registration and payment of a fee is done at the Souvenir Centre.
3. A letter from the Parish is required for families and groups who wish to use room-facility. It should state the devotional purpose of the visit.
4. Groups of teenagers and youngsters, are not granted the use of rooms unless they are accompanied by any Father, Sister, Brother, responsible Teacher or Catechist. A letter from the Parish should confirm the devotional purpose of the stay. The Basilica and the interior premises are open to all, daily, from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm for all. Christians may attend services and meet the Prior at all times.
5. Bandel Basılica should not develop into a picnic spot, a lodgng facility, or a holiday stop-over. The Basilica and the Balcony are only for prayer, not a meeting or resting place.
Cooking, mikes and noisy merry-makıng are not allowed. Prepared food may be consumed on the grounds, which are open from the morning bell to 7.00 pm.
6. MASSES in the Basilica
please see the time table.
For special occasion and needs, Mass may be celebrated by previous arrangement.
7. The Balcony and the Souvenir centre are closed on Christmas Day and on January 1st.
8. All Pilgrims and visitors are kindly recommended to maintain a dignified behaviour and avoid noisy disturbances in the Shrine premises.
Prior, Bandel Basilica
Hooghly P.0. & Dt.
West Bengal – 712 103